Cập nhật lần cuối ngày 10/08/2023 lúc 02:44 chiều
Flow meter for gas measurement
A flow meter for gas measurement is an important device in many applications related to the control, calculation, and mixing of various types of gases or gas-state substances.
There are several types of devices capable of providing measurements for gas flow rates. However, each type has its own distinct features and limitations. In this article, we will explore these devices together.
What is a gas flow meter?
A gas flow meter is a device designed to measure the flow rate of different types of gases inside pipelines. The measured flow values are transmitted to a monitoring system and simultaneously displayed on an electronic screen. The units used to evaluate the flow rate include tons/hour, kilograms/hour, cubic meters/hour, and more.
Gas flow meters are available in various models, each operating on different principles. The purpose of this diversity is to expand the measurement range for different types of gases and accommodate a wider range of working conditions.
Commonly used types of gas flow meters include:
- Thermal mass flow meters
- Coriolis flow meters
- Vortex flow meters
These devices are primarily used in the industrial sector and their usage depends on the specific gas types being measured. Some common industrial gases include compressed air, natural gas, nitrogen, and oxygen.
For more product information, please visit flow meters.
Why use gas flow meters?
Gas flow meters are devices that provide the function of measuring the flow rate of various types of gases. In many industries, there are systems that rely on compressed air or require gas inputs for their products. This creates a need for monitoring the flow rates of these gases.
Some benefits of using compressed gas flow meters include:
- Calculating product costs: In actual production, there are many types of gases in a gas-state, which can be costly and need to be accurately determined during transactions between parties. Gas flow meter devices provide high-precision flow rate measurements in various working conditions.
- Assessing the efficiency of components: For many factories, especially large-scale ones, compressed air systems are essential. Compressed air is used to generate power and operate components and various machinery for production tasks.
- As you may know, compressed air is generated by air compressors, which operate using electrical energy. The operating costs of air compressors are relatively high and need to be closely monitored. To achieve this, it is necessary to measure the amount of compressed air in the system to compare and assess usage efficiency and make appropriate adjustments.
- Supporting control of input material ratios: In industrial production, many industries use gas as input materials. These gases not only need to meet quality requirements but also require controlled quantities to ensure accurate blending ratios as predetermined.
Classification of gas flow meters
As introduced earlier in the article, gas flow meters are provided in various types, each with its own characteristics. Let’s explore more about the types of gas flow meters currently available at VIVA.
Thermal mass flow meter
The thermal mass flow meter is a type of flow measurement device that can be used to measure the flow rate of both gases and liquids. However, the meter needs appropriate calibration when measuring different fluids.
This device utilizes a pair of thermal sensors to measure the temperature changes of the fluid or gas as it passes through the device. One of the thermal sensors is heated, while the other is kept at a fixed temperature. When the fluid or gas flows through the pair of sensors, it transfers heat to the second thermal sensor, causing a change in temperature and resistance of the sensor.
By measuring these temperature and resistance changes, the thermal mass flow meter can calculate the flow rate of the fluid or gas passing through the device.
Coriolis flow meter
The Coriolis flow meter is a type of flow measurement device for liquids or gases based on the Coriolis principle. It utilizes one or more curved tubes through which the fluid or gas flows, with sensors measuring the tube oscillations in two perpendicular directions. As the fluid or gas passes through these curved tubes, combined with a pair of oscillating sensors, a Coriolis effect occurs, resulting in both a centrifugal force and a Coriolis force that deform the curved tubes.
Both oscillating sensors of the curved tubes sense this oscillation and send signals to the processor to calculate the flow rate of the fluid or gas passing through the device.
Coriolis flow meters are known for their high-precision measurement capabilities and are not affected by factors such as pressure within a certain range.
Vortex flow meter
Vortex flow meter is a device capable of measuring the flow rate of both liquids and gases. It operates by generating vortices within the body of the flow meter as the fluid or gas to be measured flows through it.
Using specialized sensors, it detects the frequency of vortex occurrence during operation. The faster the flow rate, the higher the frequency of vortex generation.
The signals related to the vortices are collected and transmitted to the processing unit. There, in combination with the preloaded parameters and algorithms obtained from the manufacturing and calibration processes, the processing unit calculates the corresponding flow rate value.
Vortex flow meters are used in industrial applications to measure the flow rate of liquids and gases during production and transportation processes.
One of the advantages of vortex flow meters is their high accuracy and ability to measure the flow rate of liquids or gases within a wide range. They can meet the flow measurement requirements in harsh environments such as high temperature or high pressure.
Technical Specifications of Gas Flow Meter
Although there are various types of flow meters based on different principles, gas flow meters share similar basic technical specifications. To choose the appropriate gas flow meter for your needs, it is crucial to have a good understanding of these technical specifications.
Here is a compilation of the basic technical specifications for this product line.
- Flow Meter Types: Vortex, Thermal Mass, Coriolis
- Working Fluids: Compressed air, natural gas, nitrogen gas, oxygen gas, liquids, etc.
- Working Fluid Temperature Range: -40°C to 350°C (depending on the meter type)
- Ambient Temperature Range: -40°C to 70°C
- Power Supply: AC 220V, DC 12V~36V
- Working Pressure Range: 10 bar, 16 bar, 25 bar, etc.
- Material Options: Stainless steel 304, stainless steel 316
- Sensor Head Material: Tantalum, titanium, stainless steel 316L, etc.
- Flow Rate Range: 6~40 m³/h, 10~80 m³/h, 25~200 m³/h, etc.
- Product Origin: Netherlands, China, Taiwan, etc.
- Warranty Period: 12 or 18 months (from the date of shipment)
Application possibilities of gas flow meters
Gas flow meters are important measuring devices for various industrial and environmental applications.
Below are some applications of gas flow meters:
- Application in the oil and gas industry: This device is used to measure the input and output gas flow in natural gas exploration, processing, and transportation facilities.
- Application in industrial production: They are used to measure gas flow in the production, transportation, and storage processes of gases such as liquefied gas, nitrogen, oxygen, argon, fuel gas, and other industrial gases.
- Application in process control: They are used to control the production process and evaluate the operational efficiency of compressed air systems, thereby calculating energy balance and costs for the production process.
The above are just a few examples of the applications mentioned for gas flow meters. In reality, these devices are applied in many other fields as well.
Gas flow meter products at VIVA Company
Gas flow meters that we provide have been on the Vietnamese market for many years. We have collaborated with numerous partners, supplying them with quality products at competitive prices.
The gas flow meter devices we currently offer are imported from reputable brands from various countries, including:
- Yokogawa from Japan
- Emflow from Taiwan
- Emerson from the United States
- Siemens from Germany
Moreover, all the products we have chosen have been carefully researched to ensure their suitability for working conditions in Vietnam.
If you have any further inquiries regarding gas flow meter devices, please feel free to contact us directly using the communication methods provided on our website. Our team will respond as soon as possible.